Am 18.05.21 um 15:26 schrieb Daniel Stone:
On Tue, 18 May 2021 at 13:49, Christian König
<ckoenig.leichtzumer...@gmail.com> wrote:
Am 18.05.21 um 07:59 schrieb Daniel Vetter:
First step in fixing that is (and frankly was since years) to fix the
amdgpu CS so winsys can pass along a bunch of flags about which CS
should actually set the exclusive fence, so that you stop oversyncing
so badly. Ofc old userspace needs to keep oversyncing forever, no way
to fix that.
Exactly that is what we don't want to do because the winsys has no idea
when to sync and when not to sync.
Hey, we're typing that out as fast as we can ... it's just that you
keep reinventing sync primitives faster than we can ship support for
them :P

You can stop typing. We will even need that for backward compatibility.

But yeah, not reinventing sync_file support with drm_syncobj would have helped :)

Cheers,
Christian.