On 2021-11-29 3:48 p.m., ydir...@free.fr wrote:
Hi Rodrigo,

That will really be helpful!

I know drawing the line is a difficult problem (and can even make things
harder when searching), but maybe it would make sense to keep generic
acronyms not specific to amdgpu in a separate list.  I bet a number of
them would be useful in the scope of other drm drivers (e.g. CRTC, DCC,
MST), and some are not restricted to the drm subsystem at all (e.g. FEC,
LUT), but still have value as not necessarily easy to look up.

Maybe "DC glossary" should just be "Glossary", since quite some entries
help to read adm/amdgpu/ too.  Which brings me to the result of my recent
searches as suggested entries:

  KIQ (Kernel Interface Queue), MQD (memory queue descriptor), HQD (hardware
  queue descriptor), EOP (still no clue :)

Maybe some more specific ones just to be spelled out in clear where they
are used ?  KCQ (compute queue?), KGQ (gfx queue?)

More suggestions inlined.

Best regards,

Hi all,

I'll address all the highlighted problems in the V2. Thanks a lot for all the feedback.

Yann,
For the generic acronyms, how about keeping it in this patch for now? After it gets merged, I can prepare a new documentation patch that creates a glossary for DRM where I move the generic acronyms to the DRM documentation. I prefer this approach to keep the improvement small and manageable.

Best Regards
Siqueira