On 17/02/2022 19:15, Lyude Paul wrote:
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I had to take some time off work unexpectedly.
This is normal (although not great TBH, I'm not sure we should be printing an
error message for that), it's the result of fwupd trying to probe the MST hub
to see if it's a specific Dell dock that can receive updates over DP aux, but
it's not smart enough to know it doesn't need to poke the DP aux ranges of
downstream branches or non-MST ports in general.
I think MST topology is not exposed to userspace, so it would be hard for fwupd to be smarter than that.

Would definitely accept patches to make this a non-error, or at least make
this a non-error when the read/writes come from userspace

I will try to provide a patch for this.

Thanks,

--

Jocelyn