On Wednesday 10 July 2013 12:07:24 Mark Brown wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 12:54:40PM +0200, Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > On Wednesday 10 July 2013 11:52:14 Mark Brown wrote:
> > >  config DRM_RCAR_DU
> > >
> > >   tristate "DRM Support for R-Car Display Unit"
> > >
> > > - depends on DRM && ARM
> > > + depends on DRM && ARM && CMA
> > >
> > >   select DRM_KMS_HELPER
> > >   select DRM_KMS_CMA_HELPER
> > >   select DRM_GEM_CMA_HELPER
> >
> > Shouldn't we instead make DRM_GEM_CMA_HELPER depend on CMA ?
>
> Sadly select doesn't do the right thing with dependencies - it just ignores
> them.

OK, my bad.

On the other hand, thinking a bit more about this, the DU driver doesn't use
the CMA API directly, as there's no CMA API exposed to drivers :-) I've
successfully built the driver with CONFIG_CMA disabled. Could you please share
the .config that resulted in a link error ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart