Hi

Am 18.10.22 um 09:20 schrieb jianengchencool:
Hi,
I want to convert logging dev_info/warn/err to drm_info/warn/err  in drivers/gpu/drm/pl111, so I want to ask if this work will be merged?
Thanks!

Well, just send the patches for review.

Best regards
Thomas

TODO list below:

    Convert logging to drm_* functions with drm_device paramater¶

<https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/gpu/todo.html#convert-logging-to-drm-functions-with-drm-device-paramater>

For drivers which could have multiple instances, it is necessary to differentiate between which is which in the logs. Since DRM_INFO/WARN/ERROR don’t do this, drivers used dev_info/warn/err to make this differentiation. We now have drm_* variants of the drm print functions, so we can start to convert those drivers back to using drm-formatted specific log messages.

Before you start this conversion please contact the relevant maintainers to make sure your work will be merged - not everyone agrees that the DRM dmesg macros are better.

Neil
jianengchenc...@gmail.com

<https://maas.mail.163.com/dashi-web-extend/html/proSignature.html?ftlId=1&name=jianengchencool&uid=jianengchencool%40gmail.com&iconUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fmail-online.nosdn.127.net%2Fqiyelogo%2FdefaultAvatar.png&items=%5B%22jianengchencool%40gmail.com%22%5D>

--
Thomas Zimmermann
Graphics Driver Developer