Hi Thomas!

On 1/23/23 16:13, Thomas Zimmermann wrote:
Driver Changes:

 * Remove obsolete drivers for userspace modesetting i810, mga, r128,
   savage, sis, tdfx, via

Is the Rage 128 GPU still supported via the generic modesetting driver?

I'm asking because, we're still supporting PowerMacs in Debian Ports of which
some of those are sporting a Rage 128 GPU. Similar question applies to the
i810 GPU used in some old ThinkPads, for example.

Yes, all of those chips are still supported by the generic modesetting drivers
and even the old userspace Xorg drivers.

OK, good to know.

The only thing that is not supported any longer is hardware-accelerated 3d
rendering.
However, this has not worked anyway, as Mesa has dropped support for those
chips a long
time ago.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that's what Mesa Classic was forked off
for?

Thanks,
Adrian

--