Hi,

with Odroid U2 (exynos4412 quad) + a custom kernel based on linux-next
20130912 and before I am unable to get a hdmi output other than vertical
lines (a few whites on black background, sometimes yellow ) that are
static (no changes whatever the content sent to the hdmi output.

The issue disappeared as soon as I enabled fimd ... I narrowed it
further, ie nowI can get hdmi output without fimd but with pd_lcd0
commented as to avoid it goind into power off at boot. Find that via
fbcon enabled and content is displayed fined until the kernel turns off
the unused power domains (just before freeing unused kernel memory).

What could be the root issue ? Could pd_lcd0 wake up a parent item that
should be too by pd_tv ?

For one the non devicetree kernel from hardkernel setup s5p_fimd_device
even if it does not use it. So the issue would be hidden.
I also wonder if while developping s5p_device_hdmi such an issue
appeared .

Best regards
Alban