On Thu, Aug 03, 2023 at 10:37:37AM +0200, Stanislaw Gruszka wrote:
> > Seems like we might want to decide this now, because if we define a iVPU
> > specific ioctl as proposed here, but then switch to an Accel-wide mechanism
> > later, iVPU is going to be stuck supporting both.
>
> For the record, we do not add new ioctl in this patch, we just extend
> existing DRM_IOCTL_IVPU_GET_PARAM one.

To avoid confusion, I'll change the topic and commit massage
before applying:

accel/ivpu: Extend get_param ioctl to identify capabilities

Add DRM_IVPU_PARAM_CAPABILITIES parameters to get_param ioctl to query
driver capabilities. For now use it for identify metric streamer and
new dma memory range features. Currently upstream version of intel_vpu
does not have those, they will be added it the future.

Regards
Stanislaw