That's actually a bit of a tricky question. It seems that the existing IGT
syncobj_timeline test asserts the incorrect behavior that waiting for an
unsubmitted fence with WAIT_AVAILABLE set should fail with EINVAL.

I've sent a patch to igt-dev correcting this
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/igt-dev/2023-August/059858.html however
that will cause the test to fail with current kernels.

I don't know how big of a problem that would be. Personally I kinda feel like
the test *should* fail with current kernels, since current kernels do indeed
have a bug.