On 2023-12-11 04:50, Christian König wrote:
Am 08.12.23 um 20:53 schrieb Alex Deucher:
[SNIP]
You also need a functionality which resets all cleared blocks to
uncleared after suspend/resume.

No idea how to do this, maybe Alex knows of hand.
Since the buffers are cleared on creation, is there actually anything to do?

Well exactly that's the problem, the buffers are no longer always cleared on creation with this patch.

Instead we clear on free, track which areas are cleared and clear only the ones which aren't cleared yet on creation.

The code I added for clearing-on-free a long time ago, does not clear to 0, but to a non-0 poison value. That was meant to make it easier to catch applications incorrectly relying on 0-initialized memory. Is that being changed? I didn't see it in this patch series.

Regards,
  Felix

So some cases need special handling. E.g. when the engine is not initialized yet or suspend/resume.

In theory after a suspend/resume cycle the VRAM is cleared to zeros, but in practice that's not always true.

Christian.

Alex