On 4/10/24 02:39, Jakub Kicinski wrote:
On Mon, 08 Apr 2024 11:38:03 +0200 Julien Panis wrote:
                goto gen_pool_create_fail;
        }
+ pool->desc_infos = kcalloc(pool->num_desc,
+                                  sizeof(*pool->desc_infos), GFP_KERNEL);
+       if (!pool->desc_infos) {
+               ret = -ENOMEM;
+               dev_err(pool->dev,
+                       "pool descriptor infos alloc failed %d\n", ret);
Please don't add errors on mem alloc failures. They just bloat the
kernel, there will be a rather large OOM splat in the logs if GFP_KERNEL
allocation fails.

+               kfree_const(pool_name);
+               goto gen_pool_desc_infos_alloc_fail;
+       }
+
        pool->gen_pool->name = pool_name;
If you add the new allocation after this line, I think you wouldn't
have to free pool_name under the if () explicitly.

Hello Jakub,

Thanks for these suggestions, I'll implement them in next version.

Also, about mem alloc failures, shouldn't we free 'pool' on kstrdup_const()
error at the beginning of k3_cppi_desc_pool_create_name() ?
I mean, it's not visible in my patch but I now wonder if this was done
properly even before I modify the file.

Currently, we have:
    pool_name = kstrdup_const(...)
    if (!pool_name)
        return ERR_PTR(ret);

Shouldnt we have instead:
    pool_name = kstrdup_const(...)
    if (!pool_name)
        goto gen_pool_create_fail;
(maybe label to be renamed)
...so that 'pool' can be freed before returning error.

Julien