On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 01:51:33AM +0000, wangzhu wrote:
> Hi Greg, thanks for your reply. Since there is no patch to fix CVE-2023-52624
> in linux-5.10, there is a patch in the linux-6.7 branch, its commit is
> 2ef98c6d753a744e333b7e34b9cf687040fba57d ("drm/amd/display: Wake DMCUB before
> executing GPINT commands"). When we apply this patch to linux-5.10, there are
> lots of conflicts, and we found there are lots of dependent patches, and lots
> of patches are not proposed to fix the cve, they are presented to add new
> functions of the kernel.
>
> My commit comes from nearly 20 patches. For each patch, not all of its
> content is meant to fix the cve, so I just get the part which is helpful to
> fix. It is why I don't present the patches one by one instead of merging them
> into one big patch.

<formletter>

This is not the correct way to submit patches for inclusion in the
stable kernel tree.  Please read:
    https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/process/stable-kernel-rules.html
for how to do this properly.

</formletter>

Also, yes, we want to take the original commits, as you see on the
stable mailing list, submit a series of commits that are in Linus's tree
that resolve the issue (and send them to the proper people, as explained
in the link above.)

thanks,

greg k-h