On Tue, 14 May 2024 at 23:21, Dave Airlie <airl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is the main pull request for the drm subsystems for 6.10.

.. and now that I look more at this pull request, I find other things wrong.

Why is the DRM code asking if I want to enable -Werror? I have Werror
enabled *already*.

I hate stupid config questions. They only confuse users.

If the global WERROR config is enabled, then the DRM config certainly
shouldn't ask whether you want even more -Werror. It does nothing but
annoy people.

And no, we are not going to have subsystems that can *weaken* the
existing CONFIG_WERROR. Happily, that doesn't seem to be what the DRM
code wants to do, it just wants to add -Werror, but as mentioned, its'
crazy to do that when we already have it globally enabled.

Now, it might make more sense to ask if you want -Wextra. A lot of
those warnings are bogus.

               Linus