On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:45 PM, James Simmons <jsimmons at infradead.org>
wrote:
> Looking to work on the 3Dfx KMS driver I discovered that it is very
> difficult to find a motherboard that supports AGP of 3.3V. So I discovered
> that the only 3Dfx card that supports this is the 3dfx Voodoo 4 4500 AGP
> Card which also is difficult to find. Does anyone have this card to send
> to me or a old working system with a 3.3V AGP bus. Thanks.

Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding. If motherboards with 3.3V
AGP are difficult to find, why are you looking for a Voodoo 4 4500?
You must mean that the Voodoo 4 4500 is the only AGP card that also
supports 1.5V AGP signaling?

I see a very cheap Voodoo 4 4500 on eBay in the UK. Item # 110610063423.

Also, the 4500 and 5500 come in PCI.

I had trouble finding a suitable board to use with Permedia hardware
this summer. The last to support 3.3V AGP were the Athlon MP
motherboards, e.g., Tyan S246{0,2,6,8,9}. But at least you get dual
processors.

For reference, the last 3.3V supporting video cards were the R300
series (specifically Radeon 9800 Pro, but not 9800 XT) and the GeForce
7950 GT. Not that any of that's specifically related to your query.

Thanks,
Matt