On 18/09/2026 15:01, Muzaffer Kadir wrote:
> Hi Krzysztof,
> 
> On Fri, 18 Sep 2026 12:02:02 +0200, Krzysztof Kozlowski wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 16, 2026 at 05:22:06PM +0300, Muzaffer Kadir wrote:
>>> Add a device tree binding to describe clocks, resets and power domains
>>> provided by the global clock controller on MSM8952 SoC.
>>>
>>> Signed-off-by: Muzaffer Kadir <[email protected]>
>>
>> Please run scripts/checkpatch.pl on the patches and fix reported
>> warnings. After that, run also 'scripts/checkpatch.pl --strict' on the
>> patches and (probably) fix more warnings. Some warnings can be ignored,
>> especially from --strict run, but the code here looks like it needs a
>> fix. Feel free to get in touch if the warning is not clear.
>>
> 
> Then I will ask a few things,
> 
> WARNING: DT binding headers should be licensed (GPL-2.0-only OR .*)
> #88: FILE: include/dt-bindings/clock/qcom,gcc-msm8952.h:1:
> +/* SPDX-License-Identifier: GPL-2.0-only */
> 
> As I said on cover, I originally based on msm8939 gcc,

I don't get this. There is no file like:
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/clock/qcom,*msm8939*

so I have no clue what did you take as a base. If this is derivative of
some work, it can be mentioned in the commit msg. We usually ignore
cover letters for anything relevant to actual code.


> would it cause license problems with file if I fix this
> warning?
> 
> Some patches say "has style problems, please review."
> Is this related to formatting of code inside patch ?
> 
> WARNING: Prefer a maximum 75 chars per line (possible unwrapped commit 
> description?)
> #16: 
> [1] 
> https://android.googlesource.com/kernel/msm.git/+/refs/tags/android-wear-7.0.0_r0.3/drivers/clk/qcom/clock-gcc-8952.c

I do not see such line in this patch.


Best regards,
Krzysztof

Reply via email to