On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 12:54 PM Mark Brown <[email protected]> wrote: > > On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 05:57:24PM -0400, Alex Deucher wrote: > > > Your reports are valuable and we always take them seriously even if I > > don't reply as quickly as I should. For the issues at hand they > > should all be fixed with the following patches: > > > https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/755725/?series=174828&rev=1 > > https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/755741/?series=174834&rev=1 > > https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/755769/?series=172614&rev=2 > > > I'll push a new -next branch with those fixes later today. > > I'm still seeing at least: > > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn30/display_mode_vba_30.c: > In function ‘UseMinimumDCFCLK’: > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn30/display_mode_vba_30.c:6666:1: > error: the frame size of 2064 bytes is larger than 2048 bytes > [-Werror=frame-larger-than=] > 6666 | } > | ^ > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn31/display_mode_vba_31.c: > In function ‘UseMinimumDCFCLK’: > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn31/display_mode_vba_31.c:7460:1: > error: the frame size of 2128 bytes is larger than 2048 bytes > [-Werror=frame-larger-than=] > 7460 | } > | ^ > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn32/display_mode_vba_util_32.c: > In function ‘dml32_UseMinimumDCFCLK’: > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn32/display_mode_vba_util_32.c:3278:1: > error: the frame size of 2176 bytes is larger than 2048 bytes > [-Werror=frame-larger-than=] > 3278 | } > | ^ > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn314/display_mode_vba_314.c: > In function ‘UseMinimumDCFCLK’: > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn314/display_mode_vba_314.c:7546:1: > error: the frame size of 2128 bytes is larger than 2048 bytes > [-Werror=frame-larger-than=] > 7546 | } > | ^ > cc1: all warnings being treated as errors > make[7]: *** [/home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/scripts/Makefile.build:290: > drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml/dcn32/display_mode_vba_util_32.o] > Error 1 > make[7]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml2_0/display_mode_core.c: > In function ‘dml_prefetch_check’: > /home/broonie/git/next/sfr/next/drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/../display/dc/dml2_0/display_mode_core.c:6821:1: > error: the frame size of 2160 bytes is larger than 2056 bytes > [-Werror=frame-larger-than=] > 6821 | } > | ^
Does this patch fix it? https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/755883/?series=174861&rev=1 Alex > > after merging amdgpu today, note that this is in the -next merge and not > just the amdgpu tree in isolation. I am currently holding drm and > drm-misc at next-20260921, there is a conflict with the old version of > them though that was just comments but they'll be in the history at the > point I'm building so possibly whatever git did with the merge is > causing issues. > > Any fixes will also need to propagate into drm and drm-misc.> > I'm also still carrying a build fix marking the display KUnit tests as > BROKEN due to the issues with the conflicting changes with drm-misc > which several people have noticed, for example there's this from Arnd > last week: > > https://lore.kernel.org/r/[email protected] > > None of the mails I saw about that or the issues resulting from my > mismerge got any response either.
