Hi Thomas,

> One remark on future updates: I assume that you want to further update
> or extend the HW design. One thing you should certainly add is a
> version/feature identifier, so that the driver can distinguish among
> different hardware generations. We also cannot merge support for
> everyone's hobbyist hardware and you got the benefit of being the
> first.  So for future submitters of similar drivers, it might be better
> for them to build upon your work instead of coming up within something
> entirely new. A distinct identifier will be helpful with that.

I'm planning to add a hardware register in a future revision
that exposes a version number that the driver can read.

> Is there a reason to no use drm_crtc_vblank_atomic_flush() ? It's the
> same code.

I will use drm_crtc_vblank_atomic_flush() in v6.

On the QEMU device ID: it's currently a placeholder from the
experimental range, since I haven't submitted the QEMU patch to get
an official one yet. Is that fine to merge as is, with a follow-up
kernel patch once the official ID is assigned?

Best regards,
Leander

Reply via email to