On 29/09/2026 14:12, David Heidelberg wrote:
>>>>
>>>> OK, I went way too fast, that's correct part. But splitting fix is still
>>>> just confusing. Backporting to stable is a different thing than fixing
>>>> issues.
>>>
>>> Sure, I already droped the previous commit changing it for stable.
>>>
>>> Btw. looking at gpiod_toggle_active_low(), would it make sense to do a 
>>> series
>>> correcting panel reset logic? I see many panels keep "reset asserted" in the
>>> driver (but ofc not in the reality).
>>
>>
>> To my knowledge it is impossible task to do, without breaking something.
> 
> I would do the partial change (only driver, not full DT).
> 
> So we end up with drivers having the correct logic with extra 2-line DT quirk 
> using gpiod_toggle_active_low() for given compatible.
> 
> This could solve people implementing new panel on top of existing DDIC and 
> allow 
> them to use the right polarity for new compatible.

New compatibles you can change to the proper polarity - I do not object
this at all. I am referencing only existing DTS and existing bindings,
which you cannot change without having some sort of impact.

Best regards,
Krzysztof

Reply via email to