Hi Paul,

On Thu Oct 1, 2026 at 10:22 AM CEST, Paul Cercueil wrote:

>> -/* Sets up the next link in the display chain, whether it's a panel or
>> - * a bridge.
>> - */
>
> The first part of the comment is not wrong, I would keep "Sets up the next 
> link
> in the display chain".

OK, I will do it in v3. This patch is not a fix, so not urgent.

>>  static int vc4_dpi_init_bridge(struct vc4_dpi *dpi)
>>  {
>> -    struct drm_device *drm = dpi->encoder.base.dev;
>>      struct device *dev = &dpi->pdev->dev;
>> -    struct drm_bridge *bridge;
>>
>> -    bridge = drmm_of_get_bridge(drm, dev->of_node, 0, 0);
>> +    struct drm_bridge *bridge __free(drm_bridge_put) =
>> +            of_drm_get_bridge_by_endpoint(dev->of_node, 0, 0);
>>      if (IS_ERR(bridge)) {
>>              /* If nothing was connected in the DT, that's not an
>>               * error.
>
> It could make sense to go the extra mile and just move that code back into the
> caller function, I don't see much benefit in having it in a static function
> here.

Why not. If no one objects I'll do it as an additional patch in v3.

Cheers,
Luca

--
Luca Ceresoli, Bootlin
Embedded Linux and Kernel engineering
https://bootlin.com

Reply via email to