On Thu, Oct 01, 2026 at 07:23:49PM +0200, Danilo Krummrich wrote:
> On Thu Oct 1, 2026 at 7:17 PM CEST, Matthew Brost wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 01, 2026 at 06:43:13PM +0200, Danilo Krummrich wrote:
> >> On Thu Oct 1, 2026 at 6:19 PM CEST, Matthew Brost wrote:
> >> >   drm/msm: use DRM_GPUVM_RESV_PROTECTED for VM_BIND VMs
> >> 
> >> That's great! But the title suggests there are other VMs without this?
> >> 
> >
> > What exactly are you asking?
> 
> In my feedback from v1 I mentioned that having the feature for
> DRM_GPUVM_RESV_PROTECTED only is unfortunate and that I think that we could 
> get
> rid of !DRM_GPUVM_RESV_PROTECTED entirely.
> 

Ah, okay, I clearly missed that. I use Patchwork to scan for feedback
because my inbox is a zoo, and for some reason this didn't show up in
Xe's Patchwork instance.

I see that you sent me a link, so let me take a look and reply. It was
obviously never my intent to ignore feedback.

> MSM and nouveau are the only users of !DRM_GPUVM_RESV_PROTECTED, and I 
> mentioned
> in v1 that I'm happy to have a look at this after LPC. I.e. scanning the patch
> titles of v2 only, this looked like it was referring to this.

I'll be LPC too, so perhaps if we need to bottom out on anything there
we can discuss. Merging isn't pressing, as this won't make 7.4 window
anyways.

Matt

Reply via email to