On 2026-10-02 15:10:07+01:00, Steven Price wrote:
> On 29/09/2026 04:44, Adrián Larumbe wrote:
> 
> > Because debugfs knobs are a device interface, and also the different knobs
> > deal with specific subsystems, it's best to move their initialisations away
> > from panfrost_drv.c and into the subsystem they provide information about.
> > 
> > Reviewed-by: Boris Brezillon <[email protected]>
> > Signed-off-by: Adrián Larumbe <[email protected]>
> > ---
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.c |   8 ++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.h |   4 +
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_drv.c    | 129 
> > +----------------------------
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_gem.c    |  29 ++++++-
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_gem.h    |   3 +-
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_job.c    |  99 ++++++++++++++++++++++
> >  drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_job.h    |   4 +
> >  7 files changed, 144 insertions(+), 132 deletions(-)
> > 
> > diff --git a/drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.c 
> > b/drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.c
> > index c1a2e93a2b9b..5bf528f41278 100644
> > --- a/drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.c
> > +++ b/drivers/gpu/drm/panfrost/panfrost_device.c
> > @@ -561,3 +561,11 @@ EXPORT_GPL_DEV_PM_OPS(panfrost_pm_ops) = {
> >     RUNTIME_PM_OPS(panfrost_device_runtime_suspend, 
> > panfrost_device_runtime_resume, NULL)
> >     SYSTEM_SLEEP_PM_OPS(panfrost_device_suspend, panfrost_device_resume)
> >  };
> > +
> > +#ifdef CONFIG_DEBUG_FS
> > +void panfrost_device_debugfs_init(struct drm_minor *minor)
> > +{
> > +   panfrost_gem_debugfs_init(minor);
> > +   panfrost_sched_debugfs_init(minor);
> > +}
> > +#endif // CONFIG_DEBUG_FS
> 
> NIT: I'd usually try to avoid #ifdefs like this by making the header
> files define a no-op dummy inline function when !CONFIG_DEBUG_FS. It
> saves polluting the code with a potentially large number of #ifdefs.
> 
> But I have to admit this isn't too bad and a definite improvement, so
> it's up to you - either way:
> 
> Reviewed-by: Steven Price <[email protected]>
> 
> Thanks,
> Steve

I see most libraries doing this and agree it would help at removing some 
clutter.
However, I think I'd rather take care of this in a future patch series.

Reply via email to