Ademar,

looking at your pasted info I see:
I'm using:
kernel 2.4.3
SiS 6326 chipset

and

OpenGL vendor string: Brian Paul
OpenGL renderer string: SiS 300/630/530 DR Mode
OpenGL version string: 1.2 Mesa 3.4

As far as I know the Sis 6326 is not the same as the Sis 630.  I don't know
this with 100% confidence, but I know that I had to install different drivers
under Wincrap and also under linux I used the Utah-GLX drivers for the Sis
6326 chips, not the DRI.  I have the Sis 630 and have not been able to get
it working with the DRI. The last thing i remember getting is a  Seg. Fault
 of some sort.  I will look at it again soon, as well as the fix that you
pasted.

If you are interested i also posted a kinda  Off Topic message on this devels
list which has a URL with the PDF's for the Sis chipsets!!  I don't know
how these people in Ukraine (i think) got it, but I certainly couldn't find
it on Sis' site, and certainly got no responses whatsoever from their
tech/sales/managerial
emails ..

Anyways, if you do have any success with the said DRI driver, could you
email me at adoniz_at_hushmail.com  ( replace _at_ with @ ). I'd be interested
to know the results.

Also if you get a chance to go over those PDF's then please look at the
sis 630 and tell me if i am confused or not, but I didn't see any specific
mention on the 3D registers of that chipset. I can see all the 2D registers,
 but none of the 3D. I might have missed it because i have not had the time
to print it out and read it, but had to skim it using Acrobat  ...

Anyways, good luck

tony

PS. I am using X 4.0.2, because Alan Hourihane told me that the last working
SiS driver was done for 4.0.1a and also in some docs I saw that it was working
for 4.0.2 .. somewhere. i forget right now.
Kernel 2.2.19 and 2.4.3 with respective agpgart.

Free, encrypted, secure Web-based email at www.hushmail.com