I have had the absolute worst luck getting any Rage128 or Radeon-based ATI
card to work on my Asus A7V (Via Apollo Pro KT133 chipset), but the
unofficial FAQ on bork-DCC in #dri on OpenProjects notes that there are
tremendous problems with "early Via chipsets," which I guess the KT133
falls under. This past weekend I spent 30+ hours straight trying to get
four different Radeon cards to even start X 4.1.0 without locking (thank
some deity for Alt+SysRq+r/s/u/b). I've scoured the dri-* archives and
Google search returns all in naught... Hope you have better luck. =)

Cheers,
dtc

---
Dan Chen                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
GPG key: www.cs.unc.edu/~chenda/pubkey.gpg.asc