> the indirect buffers aren't flushed often enough. When I move a window
> with amiwm, the contents don't move at first. Only when I move it
> again do the contents appear in the current place. A quick comparison
> with the Radeon code didn't reveal any obvious difference, so I wonder
> what's wrong?

I've noticed this too.  Very good visible with mutt, when walking the
mail index up and down.  Killing all x clients which update the screen
regular intervals (xload, xclock + friends) gives even better results.

The FLUSH_RING machro does submit the buffer to the kernel.  It is used
by R128CCEWaitForIdle, which in turn is hooked into XAAInfoRecPtr->Sync.
Maybe this is simply the wrong place?  Don't know much about the XAA
architecture...

What exactly is the reason that the radeon has only a few accel
functions implemented for 2D accel via CP?  Are the other ones simply
not implemented yet?  Or isn't it worth the trouble due to the system
call overhead?

  Gerd

--
Damn lot people confuse usability and eye-candy.