On Sat, 20 Oct 2001, Bas van den Heuvel wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm strugling with my G400 performance for months now, since the 4.1 tree.
> Quake 3 is just not playable at some levels,
> Return to castle wolfenstein is not playable.
> Soldier of fortune is not playable anymore.

What performance are you expecting?  The G400 is an odler design that just
isn't that fast.  I have a number of Matrox cards laying around and I use
them for machines whose screen sizes are greater than 1600x1200, machines
with two screens, and machines where I need top notch and fast Xvideo
performance.

For 3D the G400 is just pretty slow by today's standards.  Usable but
slow.

-jwb