El Sáb 27 Oct 2001 16:08, Michel Dänzer escribió:
> Hi everybody working on the Mach64 driver,
>

> I think it's really important for you to get in touch with the 2D driver
> maintainer, Marc Aurele La France <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>. First because he is
> the single most competent person about the 2D driver and probably about
> the Mach chips in general, second because he doesn't like other people
> messing with his code. ;)

Thanks Michel, for the advise. I thing that the best is wait for Frank to
finish the DRM DMA API and then see if the locking is working fine. After
this, we could present and explain to Marc Aurele the changes we have made to
know his opinion about them. Anyway the changes in the 2D code are very few:

1.-Avoid changes in the GUI_CNTL for the fifo depth. Perhaps we could notify
this issue to Marc and try to find another solution.

2.-Make the 2D accelerated functions honour the DRM locks. This is still work
in progress and I think that we must wait after checking this code to disturb
Marc about it.

3.-Make the LeaveVT and EnterVT honour the DRM locks. The same than the
previous point.

I think that there were no more changes but the initialization  for DRI
written by Gareth (that are new and not written by Marc) and the hacks
disabling 2D acceleration that I hope we will be able to remove in short.

Regards.
--

Manuel Teira