On Sunday 27 January 2002 21:59, you wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Davor Buvinic wrote:
[...]
> > Works for me: ATI Xpert 128, XFree86 4.2.0, your patch against GATOS ATI
> > drivers sources. No more messages in the kernel log like the following:
> >
> > [drm:r128_cce_indirect] *ERROR* process 1668 using buffer owned by 0
> >
> > But if I play a video and run glxgears X crashes. Option "UseCCEFor2D"
> > didn't appears to help...
>
> Please try latest GATOS CVS - main branch - and let me know if it works
> better.
>
>                       Vladimir Dergachev

With the latest GATOS CVS - the one with changes from Peter Surda at the
files radeon_driver.c, radeon_reg.h, fi1236.c, fi1236.h, msp3430.c,
r128_dri.c, theatre.h and theatre_reg.h - the problem (apparently) is the
same one that at first: corruption at login screen (xdm, kdm), the messages
[drm:r128_cce_indirect] in the kernel log, and X crashes.

With only the patch from Peter Surda to the file r128_dri.c no corruption at
login screen, no messages in the kernel log but X crash with both mplayer and
glxgears running, or only with mplayer after a while playing a video.

BTW, which is the appropriate mailing list to discuss this stuff? I think
that we're CC: to too many places... At this step we'll finish CC: to the
linux kernel mailing list :)

- Davor