On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Steven Paul Lilly wrote:

> Hi! Is it possible to have both the video features of my aiw radeon
> working and the latest (tcl) 3d working at the same time? The two don't
> seem to want to work at the same time for me.

Typically I merge the code from DRI or XFree86 CVS as close as possible to
XFree86 release. The reason is that this allows to produce binaries for
the latest stable release for as long as possible - and many people are
not comfortable with compilation of X from source (though this is becoming
easier with faster cpus).

In this particular case, Marc Aurele is working on bringing GATOS code
into main XFree86 tree, so I do not expect the main CVS code to change
much for at least another month or two.

As for GATOS version of drm module the difference is in how the memory
controller is programmed for PCI DMA - this is needed for video capture.
The modification has a known bug where some operations (stencil in
particular) cause a segfault. I am trying to track this down with not much
luck so far.

                           Vladimir Dergachev