On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 20:15, Mike Mestnik wrote:
> If you man ascii, which on a hunch I did, you will find that...
> Hex   Char
> 51    Q
> 57    W
> 4C    L
> 45    E
>
> Hence QW 0x5157, QL 0x514C, and the LE would have Product ID 0x4C45 this product ID
>is not on
> file.
> I'll look into why the Xserver it equating 0x4C45 to 0x5157.  I was working on
>having this all
> done kernel side, It has a pci database so there's no need for the Xserver to
>duplicate it.

The "VE" or "LE" tags that ATI puts on their products don't correspond
to pci ids.  The characters we give the pci ids (QD, QW, etc) are just
mnemonics.  For example there are these in the pci ids in radeon_drv.c
for FreeBSD (and I'm pretty sure these are correct):
        {0x1002, 0x5159, 1, "ATI Radeon QY VE (AGP)"},
        {0x1002, 0x515A, 1, "ATI Radeon QZ VE (AGP)"},

BTW, I wouldn't trust that pci id site you gave before unless they have
specific examples of subrevisions.  It looks like they have harvested
some nonexistent pci ids.  Compare it to xf86PciInfo.h in
programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/common/.  I've had reports for just about
all of the ones listed for XFree86 which support DRI.

--
Eric Anholt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/dri/