> This worked for me, but my Radeon 7500 QL is ok with Fast Writes.
> What dose this do, just curious?
IIRC an AGP feature which must be supported by both the chipset and the
graphics card, just makes things faster, like side band addressing.

> > Thanks to the help of Stefan and others I got my r200 to work, from
> > Stefans lspci logs I was able to figure out why I lost my signal, it was
> > hardware configuration related.  I had to disable Fast Writes for AGP,
> > simple solution took a bit of time to find, but anyone else having
> > problems make sure to check that :o)
Which makes perfect sense for Michal Kozlowski problem, old chipset (no /
buggy fast write support) and new graphics card (with fast write support).

As he (MK) said:
> sending commands to the AGP card directly, not having to go through
> memory, improving speed.

Liam
----
it depends