On Sunday 14 July 2002 16:15, José Fonseca wrote:

> > >this happens to me as well, but only if i restart the system after
> > >installing the beta r200 driver. Re-running the install.sh script solves
> > >the problem and the tuxracer menusystem is as fast as expected. I
> > > suspect this is a problem of default dri kernel modules not being
> > > overwritten (?), but the install reloads them properly. It's not a big
> > > issue though.
> >
> > Interesting.  Jose, Alan, have you seen similar problems with the install
> > scripts for other hardware?  It sounds like the old radeon.o isn't
> > getting overwritten/overridden.  I guess the install script insmod's it
> > explicitly?
>
> No. The install script loads the module with `modprobe radeon`, i.e.,
> without the .o, so it should pick the installed one.
>
> What the install scripts additionally does is `modprobe agpgart`. Could
> it be that agpgart was forgotten to be added to /etc/modules.conf?

It should read this way "correctly":

# agpgart is i386 only right now                                <--- not true
anylonger?
pre-install mga /sbin/modprobe "-k" "agpgart"
pre-install r128 /sbin/modprobe "-k" "agpgart"
pre-install radeon /sbin/modprobe "-k" "agpgart"
options agpgart agp_try_unsupported=1
--
Dieter Nützel
Graduate Student, Computer Science