On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 01:04:38AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 23:02, Charl P. Botha wrote:
> >     Option          "AGPMode" "2"
>
> Does 1x make a difference?

1x makes no difference; still X freezes after a switch to VT and back.

> > #   Option          "ForcePCIMode" "On" # not supported by DRI yet
>
> The code is there but not enabled on x86 yet. Can you try with it
> enabled? You need to define PCIGART_ENABLED both in the DRM and the 2D
> driver. It would also be interesting to know how it works besides VT
> switching, see that other thread. Beware that it used to be unstable and
> may still crash, but I guess you've gotten used to that. ;)

Thanks to ext3 crashes aren't HALF as painful as they used to be. ;)  I
will try with PCIGART_ENABLED this evening when I get home (I don't have the
laptop with me).  I'm also planning to give 2.5.25 a shot at some stage to
see if updates to the AGPGART change things.

Thanks for your input!

Best regards,
Charl