Michel Dänzer wrote:

>The intermediate variable isn't needed if one changes the macro argument
>from v to e.g. v0. I've now basically copied those macros from the
>radeon driver and updated the above patch to what I just committed.
>
>Thanks for your fixes!

Took a look at the archive, I had tried that, but it won't work because not
all of the VERTEX union's variants have the color field at the same offset ,
depending upon whether or not there is a depth field, thus the
vi[coloroffset].
You can get rid of the intermediate with some repeated casting, but why not
just code it once and let the compiler do the work?

Henry