On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 02:08:13PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 02:59:21PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > On Mit, 2002-10-23 at 01:37, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm committing the final part of the merge now. I have build tested
> > > it and it does build fine, although I've not tested the drivers.
> > >
> > > The radeon was indeed the most difficult in this merge due to
> > > the divergence of the Clone modes in the XFree86 CVS etc. Kevin, is
> > > going to take a closer look at the radeon driver this weekend so that
> > > he's happy with the merge. But if anyone does find problems - please
> > > report them, or the other CVS committers can fix it up as they need.
> >
> > I've committed some fixes that got reverted by the merge as well as
> > other fixes along the same line.
> >
> > I noticed some new FIXME comments:
> >
> > #if X_BYTE_ORDER == X_BIG_ENDIAN
> >     /* FIXME: This should be handled elsewhere */
> >     {
> >     unsigned char  *RADEONMMIO = info->MMIO;
> >
> >     RADEONWaitForFifo(pScrn, 1);
> >     OUTREG(RADEON_RBBM_GUICNTL, RADEON_HOST_DATA_SWAP_NONE);
> >     }
> > #endif
> >
> > (in RADEONLeaveVT() and RADEONCloseScreen())
> >
> > How else do you suggest restoring that register before losing control?
>
> That should probably be done in RADEONRestore().

Exactly what I was thinking.  I added this FIXME's just to remind me to
look into this more.

> >      /* FIXME: Figure out why this was added because it shouldn't be! */
> >      /* This is needed by the DRI and XAA code for shared entities */
> >      pScrn->pScreen = pScreen;
> >
> > (in RADEONScreenInit())
> >
> > I put this there to avoid crashes in the XAA code for shared entities
> > (i.e. when running dualhead on a card with multiple heads), in
> > particular when calling info->accel->Sync(). I've changed this to
> >
> >      /* This is needed by the XAA code for shared entities */
> >
> > in my local tree. Or would testing that pointer before calling an XAA
> > function be better? I think that would be pretty error prone.
>
> That certainly shouldn't be needed for shared entities. Where exactly
> was it crashing ?
>
> The MGA driver is a good sample for shared entities, I even took that
> as a base to do it for the Glint driver too.

I added this FIXME because that line was not needed in the XFree86 CVS
tree when I tested XAA and DRI.  Perhaps it was needed only temporarily
due to the DRI tree not having some changes from the XFree86 tree?

Kevin