Brian Paul wrote:
Keith Whitwell wrote:

Brian Paul wrote:

CVSROOT:    /cvsroot/dri
Module name:    xc
Repository:    xc/xc/lib/GL/mesa/src/drv/tdfx/
Changes by:    brianp@usw-pr-cvs1.    02/11/15 16:13:59

Log message:
  Modified functions in __DriverAPIRec to remove unneeded Display *
  parameters, etc.  Generally try to reduce number of X dependencies
  within the driver code.
  Added driMajor/Minor/Patch fields to __DRIscreenPrivateRec and call
  XF86DRIQueryVersion in dri_util.c instead of in all the drivers.
  Lots of #include clean-ups.

Brian,

Are there any forward/backward compatibility issues raised by this change? We currently don't distribute libGL.so in the snapshots. However, I'm not averse to doing so, as long as new libGL.so's can be made to work with old driver.so's.
I have some concerns w/ doing this...see my earlier posting re:ATI and NVidia...

There are no compatibility issues.  All the changes I made were to the
code that's compiled into each DRI driver, at a level below the libGL/
driver interface layer.
Great.

--
/\