On 30 Nov 2002 13:53:40 +0100
Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sam, 2002-11-30 at 09:11, Bret Towe wrote:
> > x just died on me for some reason and i noticed this in xfree's log
> > i dont know if this was the cause of the death (it just droped back to
> > console btw) since there isnt a timestamp of any sort
> >
> > (WW) RADEON(0): [dri] RADEONDRITransitionTo2d: kernel failed to unflip
> > buffers.
> >
> > i see no other errors in other logs
>
> And this isn't an error but only a warning. :) Presumably there was
> something about 'fatal signal x caught' at the end of the log? We'd have
> to see a backtrace.

Maybe a week agot I had such an Xserver crash once too. Unfortunately
the default ulimits are set so that no core is dumped on Debian. I
hacked around a bit in the gdm config, so that I'll get a core dump the
next time the Xserver dies.

Felix

__Tschüß_______\_6 6_/___/__ \___/__ \___/___\___You can do anything,___
_____Felix_______\Ä/\ \_____\ \_____\ \______U___just not everything____
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]    >o<__/   \___/   \___/        at the same time!