Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

	I'm trying to compile the DRI from within a chrooted linux
environment on FreeBSD.  I've encountered a few errors that I've been able
to work through (I needed to install perl, create /tmp, etc.), but this
one has me stumped.

	When it starts to compile the ATI drivers, I begin to get this
error over and over:

In file included from r128_dga.c:9:
r128.h:462: parse error before `R128CCEGetBuffer'
r128.h:462: warning: type defaults to `int' in declaration of `R128CCEGetBuffer'
r128.h:462: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
make[7]: *** [r128_dga.o] Error 1

It actually manges to compile the radeon_drv.o XFree86 module, but the
XFree86 DRI library (r200_dri.so) fails to build, as does the libGL.so
library.  This would appear to be the only actual errors from the build.
It seems to be barfing because drmBufPtr is not defined. That comes from programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/os-support/xf86drm.h. I can't see how xf86drm.h ever gets included by either r128.h or r128_dga.c. xf86drm.h gets included by xf86dri.h & r128_dri.h. There are other r128 files that included it, but they live in a different part of the tree. r128_dri.h gets included by a couple files in drivers/ati, but not by r128.h or r128_dga.c. xf86dri.h isn't included by anything relevant.

Basically, I can't see how r128_dga.c ever compiles correctly. :/

Try including xf86drm.h at the start of r128.h and see if that helps.