On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 09:51:30PM -0500, Leif Delgass wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Feb 2003, Arkadi Shishlov wrote:
> > What do you mean by aren't fully compliant? Final A = Fragment A or
> > Final A = Texture A? It looks like Fragment A..
>
> Yes, I think that's right.  As an example, there's a texture in the first
> UT map (can't remember the name offhand) that uses an RGBA vine texture
> with MODULATE.  It looks it's applied to an opaque quad, since the
> transparent part of the texture shows up as black.

Now I think it is texture alpha. Quite pointless to have RGBA texture
without ability to use it alpha channel.
http://idea.hosting.lv/a/tmp/quakeforge-mach64-blend.jpg
It is GL_MODULATE, no lighting, GL_RGBA texture, glBlend(alpha, one_minus_alpha).
Looking at screenshot the first that come in mind - mach64 doesn't do linear
filtering for magnification.

arkadi.