Jens Owen wrote:
Philip Brown wrote:

On Wed, Mar 12, 2003 at 10:21:17PM +0100, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Mit, 2003-03-12 at 19:15, Philip Brown wrote:

I just noticed that in drivers/ati, every single function related to DRI
initialization,etc. is named RADEONDRIXxxxYyyy ... except
RADEONPreInitDRI()

Here's a patch to fix that, and R128PreInitDRI()

This change doesn't seem obvious to me; the RADEONDRIxxx() functions are
in radeon_dri.c and directly related to the DRI, whereas
RADEONPreInitDRI() (along with other RADEONPreInitxxx() functions) is in
radeon_driver.c

Maybe it belongs in radeon_dri.c, then? Coincidence of current location,
should not be a reason for avoiding logical naming and grouping.
If you like, I'll submit patches for doing the move AND rename.

and mainly processes the DRI related driver options.

Consistency is a Good Thing.

It is nice and easy to do "grep RADEONDRI tags" to get a list of all
DRI-related functions for radeon.

[The fact that you can get more complicated with "grep RADEON | grep DRI"
  should not excuse the lack of consistency in naming]

So RADEONPreInitDRI() doesnt actually do any rendering; So what. It is still "DRI related".

I agree w/ Ian.

I mean Michael...

--
                               /\