On Fre, 2003-04-04 at 17:52, koen muylkens wrote:
> I think I have found a bug in de radeon dri drivers.
> I've tested it with:
> The dri/Xfree driver of Mandrake 9.1 and the dri-drivers on the dri-website of
> the 4th of april 2003. Both have the same problem.
>
> When redering something in 3D and moving another window on top of the
> 3D-output-window, and moving this window around for a while on top of the
> other screen, X freezes completly. Even CTRL-ALT-Backspace is no use, I have
> to reboot when this happens.

Have you tried logging into the machine remotely and seeing if killing
the 3D client or X works?

> I looks like a memory problem.

Why do you think so? I've also seen this with small windows merely
appearing in front of larger ones, I think it's a variation of the
'many cliprects' problem which is supposed to be worked around in the
DRM. I have the impression this was less likely to happen with the M7
than with the M9, but that may well be coincidence.