On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, David Dawes wrote:

> So, my question is whether the new kernel build mechanism is intended
> to allow this type of thing, or did it work before more by accident than
> design?

Hmm.. Sounds accidental, but it might be a good idea to contact

        Sam Ravnborg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        Kai Germaschewski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

about yoru issues - they are pretty responsive, and telling them about
what you need will either get it fixed or at least cause a suggestion on
how to work with the changes.

As far as I know, the only build-related difference in 2.5.69->70 was to
make the default build be less verbose, to show warnings more. So the
breakage is almost certainly just totally accidental.

(There's a few Kconfig changes too, it might be due to those).

                Linus