The DMX (distributed multihead X) project has support for the GLX
extesion using some code from SGI called GLXproxy.  I'm not familiar
with how it works exactly.  Could this code be used to add support for
DRI for multiple video cards in the same machine? Or perhaps indirect
rendering?     like glxproxy being a direct rendering client that
proxies indirect requests to the hardware.  I could be way off; I'm not
exactly clear on how glxproxy works, haven't had time to look at the
code.  Just throwing it out there.

Alex