On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 11:16:54AM +0100, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> José Fonseca wrote:
> >On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 12:24:53AM +0100, José Fonseca wrote:
> >PS: For general information, the HEAD failed to build somehere in the
> >SiS driver. And the s3virge seems to have the missing-newline-at-eof
> >problem somewhere.
>
> What is the status of the s3virge driver?  If it's only half working and
> now not compiling, I think we should disable it.

I wasn't quite clear on that - the s3virge only lives on its own branch
(s3virge-0-0-1-branch) so
there is nothing to disable. IIRC
its state is that it's missing some GL functionality, and I don't think
the security issue was even touted. See
http://dri.sourceforge.net/snapshots/bleeding-edge/README.s3virge for
more info.

Actually, after more cerfull inspection, it appears that the build problem with the
s3virge is that the branch is getting too far behind to correctly build
with the X 4.3.0 sources... Have to look deeper though.

It would be nice to keep the old drivers available. We should start
doing 3D SDKs for each major XFree86 version, so that as the infrastucture
(DRM, Mesa) gets _source-wise_ incompatible, we can still build the old
drivers which ware _binary-wise_ compatible with recent X versions. I
know XFree86 has a driver SDK already. Does anybody have an idea whether
we could extend it for 3D?

José Fonseca