With DRI CVS, using DRI on my 16 MB M7, if I run the xscreensaver hack
that turns my desktop into a texture and makes it wavy (GLFlux)
fullscreen and then close it, I subsequently cannot properly run any app
that uses Xv; mplayer bugs out, xine gives a black picture, and tvtime
gives a BadAlloc error.  This is at a 1280x1024x24 resolution.  Note
that Xv continues to work after I open and close Blender or glxgears
(both fullscreen) or run GLFlux in a window.  This problem also does not
exist with a 16 bit depth.

--Jonathan Thambidurai