> I added daenzer's package repository to my sources.list
> ( http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-mach64-unstable/ ) and installed
> the mach64 patched packages to enable DRI support and XV.
> The drm-modules didn't compile (due i think to 2.6 kernel), so i patched
> it again with John Flinchbaugh's patch
> ( http://www.hjsoft.com/blog/link/Mach64_DRI_on_Linux_2.6 ).

You might want to try the snapshots from the DRI site,

but I currentyl see the crash as ewll, especially if while gdm is starting
I hit C-A-F1, X restarts, I currently don't have a network connection or
serial terminal for my laptop at home to debug thr X server to see what
happens, I'm sure it is some hardware state not getting saved somewhere..

Hopefully in the next week or two I'll get a chance to either bring laptop
to work or hook something up at home ..

Dave.

David Airlie, Software Engineer
http://www.skynet.ie/~airlied / airlied at skynet.ie
pam_smb / Linux DECstation / Linux VAX / ILUG person