Jesse Barnes wrote:

I figured other projects might have similar problems, thanks for checking dri.

Please note that I didn't actually check the dri. I just happened to get an MCA from time to time at mesa solo startup and your post on the SDL list showed a possible reason to me.

I already audited the xserver tree (not Xorg, but xserver, the one with kdrive and the other simple X servers) and it seems ok.

So, I looked at the radeon & r200 dri drivers and found no other suspicious memset. Can't really say for others drivers since I'm not too confident in my understanding of these.
Btw, will this happen only with memset (and not with memcpy for example) ?

Stephane