Vladimir Dergachev wrote:

Also I believe we are still not doing correct things in many cases, especially as pixel shaders are concerned (no Gourad, multitexturing messed up).

I believe I now have a good understanding of how to implement multitexturing properly,
I could be wrong. But I'll find out very shortly.

I'm working on some code now that I hope will make (at least) the mesa multiarb demo
render correctly.

Also, Is there anybody working on figuring out the missing texture formats? The problems
with the texenv demo aren't only caused by incorrect texenv's, but most of the used texture
formats are missing.

I believe we have all the information about texture formats we need in r300_reg.h. I did not put the strings for other texture formats because I did not have anything to test them with and be sure of the result.

It is easier to get the format right when you are adding it (and know which entry you are messing is), rather than add it blindly and then find out that a couple of components are in the wrong order.

I'm not entirely sure of how to correctly define the texture formats.

While I was messing with texenv's I made texenv.c printf what format it was using,
and changed the WARN_ONCE into a printf to find out all the missing formats.

I ended up adding something for entry 15, which corresponded to when texenv.c
was using GL_ALPHA. I added R300_EASY_TX_FORMAT(W, X, X, X, ALPHA_1CH)
to get the result to *look* correct, but I don't know if it *is* correct.

Ben Skeggs.

                              best

                                 Vladimir Dergachev

Cheers, Ben Skeggs.