Philipp Klaus Krause wrote:

Adam K Kirchhoff schrieb:

I'm sure this confirms what are already known issues with the r300
driver, but felt it'd be worth posting anyway.  There's definitely
something bizarre going on with textures.  They're much crisper with the
fglrx driver.

To me it looks like the fglrx driver does linear filtering, while r300
does nearest filtering.

It could be the mipmap selection offset that fglrx applies to textures. There's a setting for this reg on r200 (see the R200_EMIT_PP_TRI_PERF_CNTL reg), it probably applies to r300 too.

Stephane