On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 15:31 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-14 at 15:15 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > Not sure at this point, but the problem ends up being ctx->DriverCtx at
> > > a different offset
> > > within GLcontext between mesa context.c and r300_tex.c.
> > >
> > > Looks like to get the stuff built properly, one has to build first, make
> > > install, make clean and rebuild, and finally re-make install
> >
> > Oh, and I'm not even sure where the "installed" versions came from...
> > looks like it could have been from an X.org install (does it install
> > GL/internal/* stuff too ?)
>
> Hrm... did make install which updated headers, rebuilt all and still
> crash... so something else is causing r300_tex.c to be built with a
> different idea of what GLcontext is than the rest of mesa, maybe some
> #define related to an EXTension or something like that...

Ok, finally... stale {prefix}/include/GL/internal/glcore.h

No idea who installed this file, it wasn't updated by a make install of
Mesa/DRI, could have been put there by the server, not sure.

The build system seems to occasionally pick it up instead of the one in
the build tree for some files and not others.

I removed it (in fact, I removed {prefix}/include/GL/internal completely
but it was the only file in there). Works now.

Ben.