Roland Scheidegger [2006-05-30 22:33]:
> Tilman Sauerbeck wrote:
> > I finally ran glean today, and noticed that SWZ wasn't implemented
> > properly for r300 ARB vertex programs.
> >
> > So far I didn't handle per-component negation flags, the attached patch
> > adds that.
> >
> > Question: is it okay to assume that "NegateBase" in
> > struct prog_src_register will always be filled the way it's filled
> > currently? ie that the sign for the x component is at bit 0 etc.
> I'd guess that's ok. Whoever wants to change it needs to make sure that
> the code wherever it's used still works. Such things can get forgotten
> though, but in that case someone will notice and fix it up then :-).

Mmh, alright :)

> > If it doesn't, the patch I attached obviously wouldn't work...
> >
> > If there are no objections, I'll commit this in a few days.
> Wouldn't it be simpler to just change t_src to always apply
> src->NegateBase? I can't see a need for that "src->NegateBase ?
> VSF_FLAG_ALL : VSF_FLAG_NONE", as the mesa parser sets all 4 bits anyway
> when "normal" instructions are parsed. The code would both be smaller
> and faster :-). (t_src_scalar OTOH cannot be changed.)

That won't work for NV vertex programs. nvvertparse.c sets NegateBase to
either GL_TRUE or GL_FALSE.

If they'd use 0xf (== VSF_FLAG_ALL) and 0x0 as NV fp and ARB vp/fp do,
it would work indeed :)
Maybe nvvertparse.c should be changed? Setting a GLuint bitfield to
GL_TRUE seems a bit weird :)

Regards,
Tilman